Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Angler of the Year production

We interviewed Jared Lintner for the Angler of the Year show (which will air after this weekend's event on Toho. We also interviewed Skeet Reese and Kevin VanDam....it was interesting to say the least.

Here are three guys at very different places in their careers. KVD talked about how winning a title in no way diminishes his desire to win again. He won the AOY title in his first year on tour - 1992. Then again in 1996 and 1999. But I can tell you from firsthand experience, the guy wants to win it again. He's got quite a task in front of him to take home the trophy this year. Skeet would have to stub a major toe. I have spoken before about what a positive attitude KVD has and that attitude was in evidence today. He absolutely beleives he can win AOY. It inspires me to listen his tenacity. And it makes me want to work harder at what I do.

Skeet, on the hand, is Manwich hungry to win this title. I talked to him a week or so ago while he was still at home in Cali, and I knew his resolce was firm. After interviewing him today, I can tell you nothing has changed. He put it all on the line when he said, "This isn't about sponsors, or fans, or even my family. This is about me achieving a dream I have had since I first became aware of professional fishing. I have always wanted to win Angler of the Year."

Then there's Jared Lintner, who sits in third going into this event. It's his second year on the Elite Series and he's a California boy who has never set foot on a Florida lake. In fact, he's never seen most of the lakes on the Elite Series. Yet here he sits. The former milkman. Humble, a little uncomfortable with where he's at, a lot nervous about doing a television interview....but confident that his versatity as an angler has been proven.

It's going to be a great event.

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites